Monday, October 13, 2008

Saturday - Day 6

Felt almost like me today!  With a bit of care I can now drink cold drinks again!  Woohoo!  I challenge you to go just ONE day without being able to drink anything below room temp.  That gets old real fast.  But it's over now.  At least until next Monday and they give me drugs again.

Went to the South Carolina State Fair today in Columbia.  It was a lot of fun.  They just don't do fairs in the south like they do the north.  This fair was about the size of the Lorain County fair with a few more rides and 150 more corn dog stands!  County fairs around here are just sad.  They are no where near as good as Ohio county fairs.  But we had a lot of fun with this one.  Markie had to play with his food.....
He makes me laugh.  One of the things I love most about him. 
They were having a cow show while we were there.  This little boy was smaller than the cow he was leading.  His brother had to help him.
My favorite part of the fair is all the hand crafts.  I love seeing what people make and the ideas they come up with.  Part of the fun is when I see something and think I can do that!   or, I made one of those!  Then there's the intricate detailed things that I know I would NEVER have the patience to make.  The talent is amazing.  This was our favorite painting we saw at the fair:
All the cops at krispy kreme - including the police helicopter!  Isn't it great?????
After the fair we drove through USC and found a chili cookoff they were having.  Yummy!  We tried about 7 different kinds of chili.  By the time we were done I thought my lips were going to fall off from the heat of a couple of them!  It sure was good :) 
Then stopped at Joann Fabric as they don't have such a thing in Charlotte.  But it seems like every time I go it just makes me appreciate Hancock Fabric in Matthews even more.  They have such a better selection, and usually better prices too.  Although I did find felt in Christmas colors ON SALE, that I haven't been able to find at Hancock.  Now I just have to figure out what I want to make with it!  :)
Stopped on the way home to get a steak to make for dinner.  Bought fress brussel sprouts and acorn squash to go with it.  Was one of the best dinners we had in a long time.  Yumm!!! 
All in all was one of the nicest days in a long time.  I felt like a "normal" person again.  Expect for the point at the chili cookoff when Mark bought a metal bottle of Coors and handed it to me.  It took about 30 seconds and all of a sudden massive shocks were going through my fingertips from the cold.  STill have to be careful about that.  But as long as I can drink the cold I can deal with having to be careful when I touch it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey glad you had a wonderful time! Looks like it was fun!

    and a tip--get yourself one of those can cozy things that you can stick cold cans and bottle in. They are made of faon or something to keep the drink insulated. It worked wonders for my Toadman!

    Oh, and you'll get used to drinking the room temp stuff. It's really not that bad. We just kept everything room temp for the most part.It made it easier to deal with if everyone had it the same.

    I'm glad you had a good time Miss Millie!

    ReplyDelete