Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It was only yesterday....

So hard to believe it was only yesterday I was told I had a 50% chance of living 5 years. I have colon cancer that has spread to my liver. Reality is, those are only words. Dr. Dobson was right when he told me statistics don't mean a thing. I'm not worried about this disease. So I have cancer. That doesn't change who I am. Has made me appreciate a little bit more just how much God has blessed me with these friends I have here in Charlotte. (and Asheville!!!) I don't know why you all love me so much, but I'm so grateful you do!

I would love for you all to send me your suggestions for happy songs. Mark is going to fill my MP3 player with happy songs for me to listen to while I'm going through chemo & surgery. The first song is going to be "I wanna be sedated" by the Ramones compliments of Mark. He just makes me laugh all the time. So send me your songs and I will think of you when I hear them. What better medicine can there be than that???

I really don't know how to put into words the way I feel right now. I have no fear, no stress, no depression, no sadness, I don't feel like my life was suddenly altered. I'm still me. The same person I was a month ago. Warts and all. Ok, so I have cancer. I go through treatment and get on with life. Life is way too short to worry about something that may never happen. My plane my crash on the way home from Europe. Won't that make the cancer irrelevant?

I have my faith. Jesus is my saviour. He is watching over me.

Mark loves me. Warts and all. I wish everyone could find someone to love them as unconditionally as Mark loves me. Boy does that make me humble when I think about it.

The number of friends I have in Charlotte; most of whom I met at Light of Christ. All y'all are the most awesome people I could ever hope to meet. You are my family. And y'all have been there for me from the day I met you no matter what. I love you all so much.

The awesome people at Love, INC. You have the biggest hearts of anyone I have ever met. I know there is a special place in heaven for all of you. I miss you as much as you miss me!

How can one person be so blessed? I don't deserve it. It is a gift from God. I have done nothing to earn it. I love you all so much. Please know how much I love all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Millie Dr. Dobson is right about the statistics that s for sure. When I went threw my head & neck cancer my survival rate was way down. But I surprise them all.
    And I believe you will do the same. Positive thinking like you are doing is a great and it builds up your strength to do battle with the cancer demon.

    Kathy and I heart and prayers are going out to you. We will be praying that all will be well.
    You have one battle with the nicodemon and you can win this one as well.

    Well Sunny would be a good song I would think. But I like a lot of the oldies songs.

    Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain
    Sunny, you smiled at me and then it eased my pain
    Now the dark days are gone and bright days are here
    My Sunny once shined so sincere, Sunny once so true
    I love you I love you

    Sunny thank you for the sunshine you gave to me
    Sunny thank you for the love you brought my way
    You gave to me your all and all
    And now I feel that I'm 10 feet tall
    Sunny once so true, I love you

    Sunny thank you for the truth that you let me see
    Sunny thank you for the facts from A to Z
    Somehow I was torn like a wind blown sail
    Then our love was borned when you held my hand
    Sunny once so true, I love you

    Sunny thank you for the sunshine you gave to me
    Sunny thank you for the love you brought my way
    You gave to me your all and all
    And now I feel that I'm 10 feet tall
    Sunny once so true, I love you

    Your friend Frank & Kathy

    Have a great trip and I'll be checking in on you I have been quite busy learning how to raise a teenager again.

    ReplyDelete