Saturday, August 23, 2008

The beginning

somewhere at the beginning of June I first noticed blood in my stool. It was only a few days before my daughter and 3 beautiful grandkids came for a month long visit from Cleveland and so I didn't pay much attention. Of course it got a bit worse during that month, but I wasn't going to worry about running to the doctors office for what was probably hemorrhoids so I wasn't too worried about it.

On July 22 I went to my primary care physician Dr. Davis. He verified there was blood and sent me to see Dr. Cyzner to have a colonoscopy done.

Monday, August 4 - I went to meet Dr. Cyzner. He set up a colonoscopy for Thursday. He seemed very much no nonsense and straight to the point.

Wednesday, August 6th. What fun. Dave Barry did a hysterical piece on what a colonoscopy is like. How anyone can find something funny about what the night before is like deserves a pulitzer! Fun it is not. I don't know what was more shocking, the amount, or the fact that I didn't lose 20 pounds by the time I was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment