Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dr. visit 12-8-08

Seems like my hair loss has slowed down considerably. For the moment at least. Probably just until my next treatment. That's ok :)

Went to see my oncologist yesterday. My CEA has dropped from 99 down to 35! woohoo! (Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is a protein found in many types of cells but associated with tumors) For a "normal person" should be less then 3. Mine is 35. But it's dropped considerably. That means the treatment is working.

Also, they still don't have the luecovorin for my next treatment on Monday, but they do have it in pill form. So before I go to chemo I have to take 8 pills. I'll get them tomorrow and find out then how big they are.

I also have a cold. yuck :( Dr. Dunder put me on antibiotics just as a precaution because if I get strep throat or a bacterial infection he said with the poisons I have running through my body I could get very sick very fast. I'll pass on that one. Sneezing 24 hours a day is bad enough.

Other than that I am feeling really good. looking forward to my open house this Saturday night! Woohoo! Our 4th annual Christmas Open House! Hope to see all of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment