Monday, June 8, 2009

New Anti-depressant

As of my last post I told you I was going to get anti depressants. Found something that works even better. A new puppy. We've had her a little over a week now and she is really sweet. At least she will be when I can convince her she really doesn't need to chew on me all the time. Housebreaking is going well. She is starting to get the idea to go to the back door when she needs to go potty. Unfortunately that's usually right after she piddles on the floor.


The cat finally came out today. He's been hiding upstairs for most of the last week. He wasn't too happy with a new dog, but he's starting to get used to it. He lived with a dog his whole life so it really isn't anything new for him.


Physically I'm doing well after surgery. Still get really tired easily, but the pain seems to be gone and I'm not getting out of breath as bad as I had been. I have an appointment with my oncologist today to see what he thinks the next steps will be. Probably an appointment with the colon surgeon to get that part taken care of. I'll keep you posted.




Here's a picture of the new baby. We finally decided to name her Abby.





And here's Devil Kat.




6 comments:

  1. Millie, Abbie is gorgeous! What a great anti-depressant! Too bad the cancer institutes didn't give them out as a "free gift with diagnosis" program! I bet that recovery rates would go up considerably if they did!

    Glad to hear that you are doing okay after the surgery. Good luck at the oncologist! Please keep us updated.
    Sending prayers your way! And a cuddle for Ms Abbie and Cranky LaRue Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is about the cutest puppy I have ever seen! Bet she has no trouble keeping your spirits up. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Millie,

    What a beautiful puppy. My dog has saved my sanity. She is a 9 year old poodle. She is there for me during the darkest times and your Abby will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best post on this topic i have ever read.I am really very impressed with the blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who said he wasn't a good man or isnt a good man, however he committed a crime didn't he? Any empathy for the family this happened to? Why go to the rescue of the man who hurt the family in Nettlebrook? That seems odd. The family that was the victim of this crime I am sure are good people. What about them?
    Tim do you know what has happened to the "good" man who" lost it " and committed a crime against this family? The report posted doesn't finish the story.
    Who said he wasn't a good man or isnt a good man, however he committed a crime didn't he? Any empathy for the family this happened to? Why go to the rescue of the man who hurt the family in Nettlebrook? That seems odd. The family that was the victim of this crime I am sure are good people. What about them?

    ReplyDelete